Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

The day before departure

It hasn't hit me yet that I will be gone tomorrow. Everyone keeps reminding me of my lasts, my last lunch, my last working day, my last weekend, my last foodlife, my last night, etc. etc. I gave up on lasts back in high school, everything is a last until you do it again.

I am taking the afternoon to pack and wrap up loose ends before my flight. The weekend was full of last minute trips and get-togethers with friends, and I am notorious for last minute packing so I have my work cut out for me today.

It will be hard to say goodbye tomorrow, but I will do my best. I like it here, despite some of the pitfalls of a community life, an "it's not perfect but its mine" kind of thing, I guess you could say I have grown comfortable. I will come back sooner rather than later, but maybe just in a visitor role.

To add some color to this post I have added a few of my favorite pictures, some may look familiar from the last slide show but I thought they deserved some individual attention. I misplaced my camera a few weeks ago so I have not been able to add anything new but this should tide you over. I hope you are all doing well and eating good food. This might be my last post from Japan (but it might not) so I will see many of you soon.

5 comments:

Kaley said...

Hey Mike! I'm getting emotional for you, just thinking about my last days at ARI. It has been so great following your blog and keeping up with everything at ARI. Happy travels back to the U.S.! Maybe we'll meet up at another HTC one day soon :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike! Did you arrive safely in the State? I just thought that you might want to know how we are after you left here. Well, it seems that there is a big hole in the community. I've never known anybody who left such a big hole here besides you. It's been raining since yesterday and it's gloomy. We miss your laughter and smile! Tomoko

Anonymous said...

awww its always sad to say good bye to good friends. At least you have all those good memories that you had there!

-Smiley faces =]

Anonymous said...

Your experience reminds me of saying good bye to all my friends back in middle school =] good times

-Pandas

Hughs' bff Semaj clown. Hello!! GOTTA!!!! said...

I've allways wanted to go to japan!!!!