Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

cuts and bruises

Sometimes, the best way for me to gauge how active I am being is by checking to see how injure dI have become. For instance during my luxury years in later college I rarely had muscle pain, or cuts or scrapes or bruises, but in the earlier years I was generally sore and occasionally came up with some type of injury. Towards the end of college when I start running more and kayaking a lot the soreness and cuts came back, consequently I was busier, having more fun, and feeling challenged. Currently I have cuts on both feet, one on my thumb and a bruise on my neck and collarbone from riding my bike into a sign... and my other thumb hurts from a wrestling match with the baby calf. All that to say, I am having fun and staying busy. I have three weeks left at ARI and am making plans for my return home, if you have a place for me to crash and want to get together let me know.


peace and Love

Mike

4 comments:

Piapi said...

The only injures now in my body are the traces of The Camino in my feet... After reading your post I realized I am happy for what they mean. Gracias again Mike. Your posts always make me think.

Susan said...

(twitter comment?)...

I'd go with nipples for a sow. Teats for a cow. One summer the milking crew on the farm called themselves 'Team Teat'...and we had lots of cuts, scrapes, and bruises...especially from a cow named thistle. appropriate, no?
consequentially, we also got a lot of injuries from digging up thistle that summer. ouch.

3 weeks. goodness, where did the year go?

T/MoM said...

Oh Mike- you always were coming home bruised and scraped- glad you put a positive spin on it!
Love MoM

Unknown said...

wow i have never thought of that. im very Adventurous but you have really done me up. i have never thought of cuts and bruises as a way to show what i have been through and how far i have come. thats cool hay you learn something new every day...lol

ms.huges 1st period
abeni bell