Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Lessons Learned

I have recently begun taking my life lessons seriously, evaluating my mistakes and trying to make steps to correct future behaviors. That might seem like a stiff and uptight wayt ot start a post, but it is a short post so I wanted to get it off of my chest.

This weekend I got a chance to go down to Tokyo and make a few connections. I met with my contact with the Anglican office in Japan, then got a chance to speak at St. Alban's about ARI. I had some trouble with my speaking in church but rallied after the service and got to make some good connections about ARI. Despite botching my speech I was treated to a great lunch with my new friend Tomoko. After lunch I headed to a natural farmer's gathering at my friends and former roomate Yamato's house. There was a speaker from Osaka, his talk was all in Japanese but I enjoyed watching his enthusiasm and our friend Maria did a great job translating for the two English speakers. On Monday I headed home with the participants who had been in Tokyo for a home stay program, I even got to drive the van. All in all a great weekend was had by all. More to come later.

Peace and love
Mike

2 comments:

T/MoM said...

Hey Mike- looking forward to hearing what you are contemplating. Glad you've got a jumpstart on contemplating your life lessons- some of us take a whole lot longer to pay attention.

Love MoM

Nia Brookins- Mrs. Hughes said...

Hello I like the way you eloquently put your words together moreso especially in these types of blogs. The lessons you have learned & How you deal with them are intriguing. How do you find ways to plan out your future goals? Thanks.