Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bus news, Alaska Prep, ARI update


Well, I am in Colorado. I have left Texas for the summer, returning in August in time to get married to my dream girl. Before I left we got the bus titled, inspected, insured, and checked over by our friendly mechanics in Buda. She has been deemed road worthy and we are now planning the next steps in our remodel. As a gauge for the sheer size of Rambling Rose (AKA Rosie) I have posted a picture of all of my ladies (Natalie giving scale to Lola who in turn gives scale to Rosie) for you all to ponder. In August I will be bringing more updates as we make progress.

I leave for Alaska next week and it is just now sinking in how close that trip is to reality. I bought a new camera so I will be able to offer a full run down in the future, for now just know that it is going to be awesome.

I have received another update from ARI, and they are doing well. The participants have all arrived safely and they have begun the training program at the original host location at a farm in Tokyo while they continue to make repairs at ARI proper in Nishinasuno. Prayers and donations are still greatly appreciated and needed.

Have a great week wherever you are, find some friends, make some food, and start a conversation.


Peace and Love
Mike

1 comment:

Tex said...

Mike - it never occurred to me that I wouldn't avail myself of the opportunity to get you back that 4gb chip you so faithfully loaned me for Kate's graduation. I am truly sorry and I hope it doesn't cramp your photo taking style. If there is anyplace I could send you a chip - any address to make it worthwhile...please let me know. If I could fly up there to deliver it I know you'll be hanging out in some crevasse or scaling a sheer ice faced wall - so I'm not thinking that is in the cards. Still - I do hope you have a great and safe time. Love - UT.