Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving















Happy Thanksgiving! I don't have a whole lot of
time to write in this post so I have added some pictures to speak for me.

As you can see to the left, it is getting cold, evidenced by the monkey warming himself by the heater. I got to visit a school last week and play games with 2 classes of 4th graders. Did you know that they have unicycles at Japanese schools? It is an integral part of their recess time. We hiked up to a waterfall this weekend, it was the third largest waterfall in Japan. While we were there we spent some time in a tunnel waiting for an elevator to go to a lookout. After the lookout we hiked across the river and then up to the top of the falls. There were some great views of the farmland around the river that fed the waterfall. Good times were had by all.

Since Thanksgiving is not a national holiday in Japan, a group of us will be celebrating our own version of a Thanksgiving feast Saturday night. It is good to have a group here to share time with over a roasted turkey. Unfortunately due to a scheduling error on my part I am foregoing an opportunity to go rock climbing, but I know the rock will be there a lot longer than the home made chess pie.

Since it is Thanksgiving my roommate and I made a video for you last night. It is not high quality but it is the second such video I have produced. I hope you enjoy it. With that I will leave you to view some pictures and the video. Keep checking back, I would like to discuss some of the spiritual aspects of this journey. I hope you are all full and happy.

Peace and Love
Mike




2 comments:

Bill Young said...

Hey Mike Katie and I just watched the video- very cool- Yamato has a future in film, Philip too.
We loved talking to you.
MoM

Unknown said...

Awesome video, just like cribs. (Got to see in the fridge and all)

Enjoy the adventures, the familia sends their best.

God Bless,
Charlie