Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

.settling...eventually.


mike has come and left again since the last post.  it was so good to have him here, to have home.  we love it.  his course in wyoming with NOLS went splendidly, and he is now kayaking and rafting in Utah with the school until the beginning of september.  autumn is shaping up to be busy in the youngster world.  mike will head out mid sep to austin to pick up the rest of our stuff, we'll take a trip or two to "city of rocks" to soak in the gorgeous climbing weather then off to yosemite in october for what is guaranteed to be one of the best open elopements i've EVER had the pleasure of crashing (thx jersey and becky) ......


on the home front, i finish orientation with the hospital this week and move to nights!  as a researcher, I have fully informed myself of all the tips of owning your circadian rhythm, surviving and yes, even enjoying, the life of a night shift worker. I s'pose the trick tends to be nutrition, routine, discipline and a happy heart.  those things, i can do. the perks? higher pay, slower pace and breakfast for dinner . . . . always.  i would love to hear wisdom and victories from other night shift workers. keep the negatives, though - i need all the help i can get :)



In the in between, there has been compost building, cucumber pickling, pesto canning, bread making, car fixing, trail running, owl watching, friend making, music listening, job learning, adventure planning, curtain sewing, coffee drinking, spouse cuddling and dream mapping. life is good here in twin falls, idaho . . . . . mikeynat





"climb the mountains, and get their good tidings."
- john muir



2 comments:

Mommas Boys said...

I usually don't have time to read blogs but today was the exception as I dreaded starting the day with piles of legal documents and problems. Thank you for a glorious glimpse of journey and adventure. I have been revived with a spirit of new beginnings. I cannot accurately describe the internal need I have to get away and just sit still among the trails but I'm sure you know the feeling. I read through several of your posts and found myself a little teary. I'm not sure what that is about but I'm looking for a weekend of quiet clarification of my purpose. I love you both!

Mom said...

I recognize the man . . . but not the dog? Mom