Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hike WITH mike

Among other things in life I am an outdoor educator. I have been teaching outdoor skills in a variety of settings for going on 6 years now. Currently I am a guide for Outpost Wilderness Adventures in Austin and will be guiding for them this summer in the beautiful Terryall Valley in Colorado. I am in collaboration with the National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) to get myself onto, and then pay for an instructor course so I will be able to lead multi-week technical leadership courses all over the world.

At this point I have thrown myself wholeheartedly with OWA and I am helping run programs, market for the company, and figure out logistics for our trips as well as my guiding opportunities. A few months ago I worked with my boss on organizing a private outdoor tutoring program that takes kids out for a few hours once a week to work on outdoor skill like climbing, mountain biking, and kayaking.

I will be updating this more as I go along but I wanted to get some information out for those people who happen upon my blog over the next few weeks.


Peace and Love

Mike

No comments: