Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Aristocracy

I am a modern day aristocrat, an aristocrat of the 21st century. I spend my days as I please, rotating between rock climbing, kayaking, looking for jobs and socializing. My fare consists of robust ramen feasts and peanut butter platters. I am free at the drop of a hat to join you in a climbing expedition or on a jaunt out of town. If the creeks are swolen with rain I can meet you at the river in record time. I can spend most of a day idly chatting about life. My nights can drift from gathering to gathering.
I am as free as if I were a 4 year old, or the child of an industrialist with a trust fund, yet I am neither. I am a middle class American, with college debt to pay, and an education to use. But I find myself in a limbo land, a purgatory of sorts waiting to be cast into my lot. I am between those with much and with little, I am below the radar. I am floating.
Eventually I will find paying work and join my peers. I will move from the impoverished vagabond, floating with the wind, free of cares and possessions set loose by my poverty. Eventually, I will have responsibilities.
I have been told to enjoy being unemployed, that I will do, nay that I must do. Until otherwise, go see some friends, share a meal, and give someone a place on your couch, it could change your life.

Peace and Love
Mike

12 comments:

Unknown said...

hey mike-o! love your free sprirt-ish ways in your life.

-juss another pk(:

Unknown said...

meeting new people and trying something different like letting someone crash with you sounds cool.

-juss another pk(:

Unknown said...

aristocrat- new vocab word for me. Also, my new theme.

-juss another pk(:

Anonymous said...

"Aristocrat"; I love it.! Thanks for the new vocab word.! I will be sure to use it ASAP.!

-Sticker's BFF = )

Anonymous said...

astrocrat new vocab words for me thanks...sounds like a pastry dish dont ya think?

Carlos "Estados Unidos" Jimenez
(Beans and Rice perhaps?)

Hughes' Fav. said...

Wow, I love your spirit and the way you think.!

-Sticker's BFF = )

Hughes' Fav. said...

"Rock climbing"; Something I've always wanted to do..

-Sticker's BFF = )

Anonymous said...

peanut butter! Sounds like you spend your time to the fullest and you sound like a great person to hang out with =]

-Smiley faces =]

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a lot of fun

-Pandas

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a lot of fun

-pandas

Hughs' bff Semaj clown. Hello!! GOTTA!!!! said...

you sound like me. goob job!!!! funny!!!!!

Annie said...

dude, way to live life! yes! love your blog!!!

p.s. i have begun to strongly suspect that people who say, 'enjoy this while it lasts cause soon you'll grow up,' are the same ones who tell you things such as, 'it's cold all the time in flagstaff, az' (of which it's perfectly lovely most of the year), or tend to talk about the hard economy most of the time. Gotta take some and leave the rest...

p.s. you should really come through here sometime...you'd like it i'm positive :) and p.s. waaayyyyy comfortable couch, just sayin'.

P.p.s. could you tell Katie hi for me?? miss her...

Cheers!
Anne-with-an-E (from BQCC days)