Pages

Friday, April 10, 2009

Pictures and Reflections










































I guess vulnerability is a funny thing, when you show someone the cracks in your armor you show them a little more about yourself. In a morning gathering this week I heard a man say that when we are at our weakest point we are strong. Through our weakness we can find more strength than we ever thought possible. The last few weeks I have been in that hazy area of vulnerability, heart split open, hoping for strength. What I find funny now is that even when you are sad, and lonely wondering when it will stop, there is always hope. As we finish Lent and move into the Easter season we have a chance to focus on that hope and see it work in our lives. As I work in the field, and feel the sun, and see the flowers I can’t help but think about the resurrection and hope for new life. The spring is a beautiful reminder of hope, happiness, and love. If you don’t believe me just go out and listen to the birds, they never lie.

Peace and Love

Mike

2 comments:

T/MoM said...

Mike- love the pictures- especially the sandals. I think your comments are to the point. I am glad that we as humans have the capacity to open up even when we are scared.

Love MoM

SpiritLightMyFire-Colombia said...

It is funny. Even though our missions are in opposit sides of the world, doing very different work the same hardships can take us off guard. I have been holding onto the prayer that in such internal hardships, in the sadness and lonliness,etc, it is God calling us to transformation, perhaps radical transformation, isn't that a beautifully resurectin thought? I hope you find your peace and comfort.