Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

The 5 Minute Talk



I wanted to start a new style of blog through videos. Sometimes I have a hard time getting my thoughts out through the keyboard so I decided to do what I do best, and that is ramble to a captive audience...my camera. If you missed hearing my voice this is your chance. To save us all time I decided to put a time limit on these videos and set some ground rules:
Each talk will be 5 minutes or less
I will try to stick to one subject
I am open to subject suggestions if they are posted as comments on my blog, the youtube video, or through Twitter. I want to really explore the space here in the new internet.

I want to leave you with a little prayer I found in the hymnal we use here, it is from the United Farm Workers

Show me the suffering of the most miserable
so I will know my people's plight.
Free me to pray for others
for you are present in every person.
Help me to take responsibility for my own life
so that I can be free at last.
Grant me courage to serve others
for in service there is true life.
Give me honesty and patience
so that I can work with other workers.
Bring forth song and celebration
so that the spirit will be alive among us.
Let the spirit flourish and grow
so that we will never tire of the struggle.
Let us remember those who have died for justice
for they have given us life.
Help us love even those who hate us,
so that we can change the world. Amen.

4 comments:

Tmom said...

You are riding the wave. Pretty neat- Dad will be fascinated but unfortunately he can't see it at school.

Love MoM

Unknown said...

Mr. Young well done! I still hold a lot of apprehension about some of the openness of the internet but there are definite benefits like keeping up with you while your away. Keep it up man. Stay safe.

-Chris

Anonymous said...

this is brilliant! i cannot wait to listen to the next 5 minute session

request: cells or in honor of the recent birthday of darwin, advancements in science and how quickly things are updated and changed or bread baking

Dianne, Dee, Mom, Granny said...

Love reading your blog and seeing your photos, Mike! I'm just sorry we don't have broadband in Kenya because I won't be able to watch your "5-Minute Talks." Asante sana for your witness in the world and for the UFW prayer.