Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

So, the participants graduated this weekend which means that after 9 months of studying, traveling, and farming they are going back to their home communities to share their learning and excitement. They have a lot of challenges in front of them, and some of their new ideas are going to be met with hostility, but they are good people with a lot of will power. We now have over 1,100 graduates spread across the globe working so that we may live together.

It is sad to see them leaving. I have grown so close with these folks from so many different lands. We have gotten to laugh together more than our share, and shared the good work of food and life. As they leave a few at a time there is a hope that we might see each other somewhere some how. Several of them live on islands or near the coast, I am plotting a sailing trip to include stops at their various countries and saying hi, doing a little farming, and checking on their projects.

We spent the last night in men's dorm singing songs and recording videos for posterity. I will be adding them on Youtube as I get them edited, I will put links on here as well. I have been slacking on the pictures lately because I have been collecting video footage and trying to compile it into workable movies. I have a rough cut of a working video that was requested by one of my advisors at Mission personnel. So, David this one is for you...


Peace and Love

Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are a beautiful person. though, did yall really clear cut? opposumms like that better than forests...not sure if they have them in japan but if they do i am sure you made them happy