Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2008

EarthVision

Washington, D.C. the Student Conservation Association's 50th Anniversary
I am at a 3 day conference on conservation and the future of the environment. I have been doing a lot of talking and networking with some very exciting people. Here is a taste of what has been happening; I had conversations with several influential leaders in the Park service, networked with an editor from Backpacker Magazine and the President of the SCA about trail protection and the size of the organizations that are working for them, met several leaders in the green park design field, I met a woman who is campaigning for a pumps to parks initiative creating abandoned gas stations into green spaces, I met a good friend of one of my mentors and discussed community gardening, heard a keynote address by a motivational newscaster, heard several professors talk about climate change. Basically I have heard a lot of good things and met some neat people, an had some good conversations. If you are concerned about our future and the state of the environment have faith you are not alone. Talk to someone, talk to me, or even write down your thoughts. I have found some books to check out, Organizing social change, Radical Simplicity, Bury the Chains, as well as a few websites to check out The Sundance Channel, Dartmouth dining and sustainability, live-the-solution.com. And the list goes on. It has been great. I have recently realized how much I enjoy talking to people and sharing ideas, it is amazing how small ideas can blow up. I am going to sign off for now. Look for more soon.

1 comment:

Ferny. said...

You don't know me, but I'm diggin' this entry.